You probably do not think too much about the inner workings of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or unless it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very good to know exactly how it keeps your food cold—and Las Cruces Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn all you might need to understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to call for professional refrigerator repair in Las Cruces.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for several years. A household refrigerator is able to store your food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to stop spoiling and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from inside of the unit to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call BRAND:
A refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the appliance and helps to disperse the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator then out to the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat contained inside of it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to find a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas, turning it back into liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle when it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down begins. The unit attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, lowering the temperature back to the desired set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in several applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single location and relocating it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, creates a optimal environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule repair with Las Cruces Appliance Repair.
We can service most popular models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Las Cruces undergo training to repair problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation issues, puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart synchronization and countless other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working